This is a charity ride organised by Mission for Missing Children (MfMC), in collaboration with Malaysia Community Crime Care (MCCC) and Malaysian Community Care Foundation (MCCF) that brings with it a hope that no more children will ever go missing again. To add to the excitement, MfMC has agreed to include race element in the form of King of Mountain (KOM) where riders stand a chance to win money prizes.
It is IMPORTANT to note that throughout the ride, it is CHARITY FIRST, KOM SECOND.
THE RIDE FORMAT
- This is a 2 days ride which will take place on 31st Oct 2015 and 1st Nov 2015. On Day-1, cyclists will ride from Selayang to Raub via Fraser's Hill. Cyclists will put up a night in Raub. On Day-2, cyclists will begin their ride in Raub and end in Tanah Rata, Cameron Highlands.
- Except at each KOM stage, cyclists will ride in (if possible) one big peloton at a controlled pace set by our Marshall car.
- Throughout the ride, cyclists will be making few mandatory stops at certain checkpoints which will be pre-determined by the organiser,
- At each checkpoint, organiser will provide water station. Apart from refilling their water bottles, cyclists will have to participate in charity activities such as to distribute pamphlets and stickers on children's safety to the local community, provide brief explanation on the ride focussing on children's safety to the local community, etc.
- KOM STAGE
- Organiser will put up signages at approximately 5km and 1km before the start of each KOM. Upon reaching the starting line of each KOM, Marshall car will let the cyclists to ride on their own pace.
- Starting and finishing line of each KOM stage will be clearly marked on the road. Organiser will put up signages at approximately 1km and 500m before the finishing line of each KOM stage.
- First 10 cyclists to cross the finishing line of each KOM stage will be given KOM points of 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 7, 6 and 5 respectively. KOM points earned at each KOM stage will be carried forward and accumulated to the next KOM stage.
- Cyclist who accumulate the highest KOM points will emerge as the overall winner followed by the second to the tenth highest KOM points.
- There will be at least 4 KOM stages throughout the ride.
Upon reaching the finishing line of each KOM stage, cyclists will be regrouped and continue to ride to the next checkpoint in a controlled pace led by Marshall car.
- Fee is RM120 per participant which is non-transferable. No cancellation is allowed.
- Participants have to deposit the fee to the organiser's designated bank account within 7 calendar days from the day of the online registration. For clarity, if a participant submitted his/her online registration on the 1st Aug 2015, the due date for him/her to make the payment is on 7th Aug 2015.
- Participants who fail to make payment within the stipulated time frame will risk losing their entry.
- Upon making the payment, participants MUST email proof of their banking transaction to the organiser at email@example.com.
- Participation is opened to all cyclists of both genders age 18 years and above as of 31st Oct 2015.
- There will be only one category for all riders which is Open Category. For clarity, there will be no separate category for female riders.
- Each participant will be entitled for medal, bicycle jersey, appreciation dinner on 1st Nov 2015 and drinks at water station.
- Only 100 slots are up for grab.
- Only roadbike is allowed in this ride.
ACCOMMODATION, TRANSPORTATION & MEALS
- The organiser shall not provide any accommodation and transportation to the participants.
- Participants shall organise their own accommodation and transportation before, during and after the ride.
- The organiser shall endeavour to list few hotels in Raub for the participants to choose from.
- Except for what is provided at each water station, participants' meal shall be at their own personal expense.
- Participants may arrange for their own support crew throughout the ride. However, their support crew shall be behind the organiser's designated vehicle at all times which will follow the last cyclist.
- If participants need help from their support crew, they will have to wait at a place deemed to be safe for their support crew to come. In reference to point No. 1 above, the support crew shall not overtake the organiser's vehicle while trying to provide for assistance to their riders.
- Participants with support crew have to register their support vehicle with the organiser.
- Participants without support crew will have to be self sufficient. The organiser shall not provide any forms of assistance be it technical or non-technical to any participants.
- Participants whose support crew found to violate points No. 1 and No. 2 above shall be disqualified from KOM throughout the ride. However, the riders may still continue with the ride.
- Support crew is only allowed to provide technical assistance to their riders such as change of tube/tyres/wheels. Support crew shall not be allowed to let their riders to hold on to and/or draft their moving vehicle so as to give advantage to their riders over others riders. If found guilty, the respective cyclists will be disqualified from KOM throughout the ride. However, the cyclists may still continue with the ride.
- Day 1 : Selayang - Ulu Yam - Kuala Kubu Bharu - Fraser's Hill - Tranum - Raub
- Day 2 : Raub - Sungai Koyan - Ringlet - Tanah Rata
HOTELS IN RAUB
Below is the list of recommended hotels in Raub for participants and their support crews (if any). Please be informed that the recommendation is solely based on their central location within Raub town along the route to Sungai Koyan: -
- Hotel Jelai Raub, 35 & 36, Jalan Tan Tiong, 27600, Raub (Tel: 09-355 1626)
- Tai Tong Hotel, No.23, 2nd & 3rd Floor, Jln. Mason, 27600, Raub (Tel: 09-355 2451)
- Hotel Seri Raub, No. 1, Jalan Dato' Abdullah, 27600, Raub (Tel: 09-355 0888)
- Rumah Rehat Raub, Jalan Dato Abdullah, 27600, Raub (Tel: 09-355 9899)
- Woon Yong Hotel, No. 19. Tkt. 1&2, Jln. Dato' Abdullah, 27600, Raub (Tel: 09-355 1214)
- Kim Fah Hotel, 28, Jalan Dato Abdullah, 27600, Raub (Tel: 09-355 6271)
ORGANISER'S BANK ACCOUNT
Please bank in your participation fee of RM120 within seven (7) days from the date of registration to the following bank account: -
Account Name: Pertubuhan Misi Untuk Kanak-Kanak Hilang
Account Number: 551 548 608079
Please email proof of payment to the organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any inquiry, please email us at email@example.com or call/whatsapp +016-7157912 (Khafiz) or +6012-2363581 (Rozaimi).